Friday, October 25, 2013

Excuse My Mood.

So I signed up for Skillshare recently and decided to take Paul Budnitz's Beautiful Plastic: Creating a Great Designer Toy class. It's been nice seeing what others are working on and creating. Here's some of my work below.
I've always drawn character faces and have loved cartoons. My faces usually consist of a contrast of bright colors and sad and moody emotion. I have created a few characters that I call Downers. They mainly deal with judgements, a sense of shame, and embarrassment.




Turning these into full body toys would be nice.
Mood Board

Here's some more jumping points. Most of the images used deal with emotions and I'm looking at how we handle multiple feelings at once. How an individual can feel disjointed or puzzled / unsure of how to handle an interaction/feeling. I like the idea of dealing with switchable/rotating parts also.

No comments: